- English: 4 credits
- Math: 3 credits*
- Science: 3 credits (2 lab-based)
- Social Studies: 3 credits
- World Languages: 1 credit **
- Physical Education: 1 credit***
- Health: .5 credits
- Fine Arts: .5****
- Approved Electives 8 credits
Total 24 credits
Beginning with the class of 2021 (9th grade students – fall 2017), students will be required to demonstrate College and Career Readiness in English and Mathematics on at least one of the following measures in order to graduate (This menu lists the minimum scores required):
Accuplacer: 62 on English or 70 on Sentence Skills and 61 on Mathematics (Elementary Algebra)
ACT: English 18 Mathematics 19
AP Exam: English 2 Mathematics 2
ASVAB: English 31 Mathematics 31
Concurrent Enrollment: Grade of C or above in qualifying Concurrent Enrollment College English or Math course
SAT: English 470 Mathematics 500
District Capstone (District determined portfolio of student’s best work)
Collaboratively-developed, standards-based performance assessment in coordination with Jefferson County Public Schools
- Completion of Individual Career and Academic Planning requirements
- 20 hours of Community Service – Reporting Form
* Southwest Colorado eSchool math requirements must include Algebra I, Geometry, and one additional year at or above the Geometry level.
** Although the minimum requirement for HEAR is 1 credit of a world language, many institutions require 2-3 (and some up to 4) years of the same world language. Please check each individual university/college for specific requirements.
*** 1/2 (.5) PE or elective credit can be earned for participation in a JV or Varsity sport in a student’s school district of residence, or by submitting a qualifying competition training plan. A maximum of 2 credits can be earned in this manner.
**** Fine Arts courses are defined as those within the music, visual arts, drama, and/or career and technical education departments.